Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Meltdown is Coming

October 15th will be the day the media will let out a giant "Oh Crap"
This is when the next campaign funds results are due in. My guess is Ron Paul will have at least 4 million raised for the quarter, plus still have nearly a million left, so he'll have around 5 million. On the republican side Guliani will have 15-20 mil, Fred Thompson will have 5-10 mil, and Romney about 5 mil but the press will ignore debt so it'll be reported as 10-15. No one else will have over 1 mil.
The press will try to continue to ignore Paul but by being in the top 4 of cash on hand it will be very difficult for them.
I expect many news rooms to think, "Nice, we're down to Romney, Guliani, and Thompson, oh crap and that Paul guy too." How will they respond? I predict a few days of reporting on Paul then the snubbing will begin again, he'll not be invited to a major debate on the grounds that McCain, Brownback, Huckabee, etc weren't invited either.
It reminds me of when Alan Keyes wasn't invited to a debate but showed up anyway to participate, after this clip he continued to say, "release me or arrest me".

No comments: